TriCare Coverage for Addiction Treatment
If you are watching a loved one struggle with substance abuse, or you notice substance abuse and dependency symptoms in yourself, there is a way out. Seeking substance abuse treatment from a leading drug rehab center such as Coastal Detox is the best way to put substance abuse in the past and focus on a bright, happy and sober future.
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) estimates that over 20 million Americans struggle each year with addiction issues that include the dependency on illicit drugs, and only 2 million of those people receive the substance abuse treatment they need. Fortunately, those who are covered under most TRICARE health care coverage have easy, affordable access to the highest level of substance abuse treatment available.
It’s also estimated by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) that drug use in the United States costs the economy about $18 billion dollars each year due to the impact it has on health, crime and productivity. Substance abuse is painful to those who suffer, and the costs of the toll it takes on yourself and loved one is pale in comparison.
Understanding what we currently know about substance abuse, that it is a chronic disease that changes the way users process pleasure and happiness. TriCare coverage can provide better substance abuse treatments and therapies to those in need of help.
TriCare Coverage – We Serve Those That Serve Us
TriCare coverage is an insurance program that offers healthcare coverage, including substance abuse, for uniformed service members, retirees, and their families worldwide.
TriCare coverage is managed by the United States Defense Health Agency under the leadership of the Assistant Secretary of Defense (Health Affairs).
TriCare coverage enhances the Department of Defense (DOD) and our nation’s security by providing healthcare coverage and support for the full range of military operations and sustaining the well being and health of all those entrusted to their care.
TriCare coverage is a world-class healthcare program that supports the military mission by fostering, protecting, sustaining and restoring physical and mental health.
Types of TriCare Coverage Plans
- TRICARE Prime
- TRICARE Prime Remote
- TRICARE Prime Overseas
- TRICARE Prime Remote Overseas
- TRICARE Select
- TRICARE Select Overseas
- US Family Health Plan
- TRICARE Reserve Select
- TRICARE Retired Reserve
- TRICARE Young Adult
- Continued Health Care Benefit Program
Unfortunately, not all TriCare coverage plans have the same substance abuse treatment options offered, so it is important to contact your TriCare agent or seek help from our medical professionals at Coastal Detox to assist you with finding out what is covered under your current healthcare plan to help minimize the out of pockets costs while seeking treatment for substance abuse.
Do you Struggle With Substance Abuse? TRICARE has the Coverage you Need
Opioid overdose deaths are on the rise, the Department of Defense (DOD) continues to expand access for coverage to include medical treatments for substance abuse. This includes medication assisted treatments, and other mental health services.
Although the number of military members abusing substances is lower than the national average, substance abuse is also a problem for TriCare beneficiaries.
TriCare provides a wide range of coverage in effective addiction treatment for substance abuse. In recent years, the DOD expanded the availability and coverage of substance abuse and medication assisted treatment services. This was to provide patient centered, evidence based prevention and substance abuse treatment.
How Do I Know if I Need Substance Abuse Treatment?
Signs of Substance Abuse:
- Change in friends and avoiding normal types of activities
- Changes in mood, motivation & overall attitude
- Changes in eating habits
- Missing work or school
- Financial problems; stealing
- Bloodshot eyes or enlarged pupils
- Sudden weight changes (gain or loss)
- Sneaky behavior & excessive lying
- Sadness or depression
- Anger & defensiveness when confronted with a possible problem
- Poor physical coordination
- Poor hygiene and overall physical and mental health
How can TRICARE Beneficiaries get Approved for Substance Abuse Coverage?
There are several ways to find out where to go for substance abuse treatment and what will be covered by your TriCare coverage:
- Contact your primary healthcare provider. They can talk with you about what substance abuse treatment services might be most appropriate based on your individual needs.
- Contact your TriCare insurance agent. They can also help you find a local substance abuse treatment center who will be covered by your TriCare insurance policy.
- Contact Coastal Detox. The medical professionals at our center will help asses what types of substance abuse treatments are available and help you get qualified through TriCare insurance so that your addiction treatments are covered.
What Types of Substance Abuse Treatment Options are Available Through TriCare?
TriCare covers both inpatient and outpatient care to treat substance abuse. Below is a list of substance abuse treatment options currently available:
- Inpatient or residential substance abuse treatment
- Partial hospitalization programs. These are full days of substance abuse treatment, five days a week at a facility, allowing the client to go to their homes every evening
- Intensive outpatient treatment. This is half a day treatment at an approved facility, several days per week
- Opioid treatment programs
- Detox programs
- Psychotherapy and counseling
An authorized healthcare provider is any individual, institution or organization that is licensed by your state and meets the high standards of the medical community, and is certified to provide healthcare benefits under TriCare’s coverage policies. The two types of providers are considered In-Network and Non-Network.
In addition to TriCare insurance covered substance abuse treatment services, other substance abuse resources are offered throughout the military to help members in need of continued care.
Substance Abuse Treatment Resources
- Community activities through Morale, Welfare, and Recreation
- 12-step programs such as Narcotics Anonymous (NA) or Alcoholics Anonymous (AA)
- SAMHSA literature
- National agencies: National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) & Center for Substance Abuse Treatment (CSAT)
TriCare Coverage – Covered Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatments (Dual Diagnosis)
TriCare covers medically and psychologically necessary mental health and substance abuse treatments. This includes both inpatient and outpatient substance abuse treatment programs.
Mental Health and Substance Abuse Covered Treatments
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy
- Collateral Visits
- Drug Testing
- Eating Disorder Treatment
- Electroconvulsive Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Gender Dysphoria
- Intensive Outpatient Programs
- Inpatient Hospital Services (emergency and non-emergency)
- Management of Withdrawal Symptoms (Detox)
- Medication Assisted Treatment
- Office Based Opioid Treatment
- Opioid Treatment Programs
- Partial Hospitalization
- Psychological Testing
- Psychotropic Drugs
- Residential Treatment Facility Care
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Therapeutic Services
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
Call Coastal Detox now at (877) 406-6623 or request a callback and join the thousands of patients who have recovered successfully from addiction. We provide a no-obligation/no-cost review of your TriCare insurance policy. You can also reach out to us here.