Given the emergence of the worldwide coronavirus (COVID-19), Coastal Detox would like to assure our patients, together with their families and loved ones, as well as our referral sources and staff, that the health and safety of all within our Coastal Detox community remains our top priority.
As a means to that end, we have implemented precautions & preventative measures to enable Coastal Detox to remain open and continue helping individuals suffering from Substance Use Disorder (SUD) receive the life saving medical detox and residential treatment services they need throughout this crisis.
- An additional medical questionnaire has been added to our pre-admission screening questionnaire. This will assist our staff with identifying and screening those who may pose a risk to our population. Cases will be staffed on an individual basis to determine if admission to our facility is appropriate or a referral to a higher level of medical care needs is necessary.
- We have increased the daily cleaning and sanitizing efforts within our facility.
- We have placed additional sanitizing dispensers along with posted education materials throughout our entire facility to encourage proper hygiene.
- Our nursing staff will educate patients during Nursing Groups regarding practices, policies and procedures aimed at preventing the spread of infectious diseases.
- We are requiring our entire staff to follow universal flu-like precautions including: avoiding unnecessary physical contact with others and thoroughly washing hands after any contact with another person or after touching surfaces which could be contaminated.
- We are actively encouraging anyone in our Coastal community that is experiencing symptoms such as cough, fever, or shortness of breath, to notify nursing or medical staff so that we can immediately help facilitate medical care outside of our Coastal Detox facility.
- Last but not least, we are continuing to actively monitor all coronavirus (COVID-19) developments and recommendations from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Florida Department of Health and Joint Commission to ensure that Coastal Detox follows recommended practices to keep everyone in our Coastal community healthy and safe.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any specific questions about our preventative measures, and how this might affect you or your loved one seeking treatment.