When you are addicted to alcohol, life’s a daily struggle. So much energy is put into holding things together, whether it be your job, your family or both. In some cases, you may feel that all has been lost. No matter where you are at in your life right now, there is always hope, and things can and will get better.
Alcohol abuse is one of the most common types of substance abuse in America. It isnt always easy to tell when you are crossing the line between normal alcohol use, and abuse. Here are some common signs that there is a problem:
- Do I feel agitated, anxious or sick when I havent had a drink in a while?
- Have I tried to quit drinking, but was unable to?
- Do I often drink more than I intended to?
- Do I avoid social situations where there wont be alcohol served, or do I feel uncomfortable socializing without alcohol?
- Do I find myself having to apologize for things I said/did while I was drinking?
- Do I find that it takes me more alcohol to get buzzed than it used to?
- Do I have periods of time that I dont remember, or do people tell me I have done things when I am drunk that I cant recall?
- Have I had difficulties at work or school because of drinking, or being hungover?
- Have my family or friends informed me that my drinking is out of control, or that they feel unsafe around me when I drink? What was my response?
If you answered yes to even a couple of these questions, it is a good idea to talk to someone about your drinking. It isnt easy to admit there is a problem, but most people find an immense feeling of relief when they do.
It could be that you know you have a problem with alcohol, but you just arent sure what to do about it. One effective way to handle the situation is to go to a Stuart, Fl alcohol detox program.
Getting Help At A Alcohol Detox In Florida
Its tempting to think you should handle the problem on your own. We live in a society that values independence and sees not relying on others as a sign of strength. The truth is that we all need help with something at some point. In fact, it takes far more courage and strength to reach out and ask for help.
There are also risks involved with quitting alcohol abruptly. If you have been drinking for a long period of time, and drinking large amounts of alcohol, you may have become physically dependent. How long and how much drinking it takes for this to happen varies from person to person. If you have gone several hours or a day without drinking and found that you started to feel ill, perhaps sweaty, shaky and itchy, then you likely have a physical dependence on alcohol.
When this happens, it is important to seek the help of a professional alcohol detox center in Florida. Quitting drinking abruptly can lead to health complications, so it is important that you not do it alone. A detox center can help you detox from alcohol safely and comfortably.